Your roof is undoubtedly one of the most critical components of your house. As long as it’s in good shape, you have nothing to worry about—it safeguards your home from water damage and harsh weather conditions. Nonetheless, with time comes deterioration; signs of aging may not be so easy to notice until a major issue arises such as moisture seeping through or rot appearing on shingles. Don’t wait for something drastic before paying attention. The best way to reduce repair costs and protect yourself from the potential hazards of roof damage is to be proactive in monitoring it for signs that a replacement may soon be needed. Not only does regular upkeep help keep your home‘s value high, but it also keeps you safe! Don’t overlook these seven sure-fire signals that suggest now is the time to replace your roof.
- Water Damage: If you come across moisture marks, discoloration, or peeling paint on the walls and ceilings of your home – this could signify that your roof is leaking. Further, investigate by taking a look in your attic and search for any signs of damp rafters or watermarks which may further confirm damage to your roof. While it’s important to be alert to potential issues with roofing maintenance, don’t forget that to ensure complete accuracy, it’s always best practice to call an experienced professional once annually for a full inspection. By investing in a simple examination, you could potentially save thousands of dollars that would otherwise be needed for roof repair. Plus, having an experienced professional utilize their tools and safety techniques when getting up on the roof just adds an extra layer of security. Spotting small issues before they become major ones is crucial!
- The Roof has Outlived its lifespan: Knowing the approximate date of when your roof was installed is essential in estimating its lifespan. You can check home improvement records to find out, however, it’s pertinent to remember that this estimated duration also relies on whether or not you
- have a single layer of shingles and if the system is properly aerated. If your rooftop installation has multiple layers with an age exceeding twenty years, chances are that you need a new one as soon as possible!
- Moss, Mold, or Fungi: Moss, mold, and mushrooms are all warning signs that your roof is retaining too much moisture. To remove the moss gathering in shaded areas of your roof, use a stiff brush but be aware to investigate any underlying issues as well. If you still spot visible moss after brushing, it is best to enlist an expert for a comprehensive inspection of your rooftop.
- Missing Shingles: The relentless, gusting winds can cause shingles to either detach or be ripped off entirely. While you may have the ability to replace one or two of them if they are accessible and in good condition, it is impossible to repair a missing shingle depending on its location among those that remain.
- Sagging Roof: If you notice your roof starting to dip or sag, it is one of the key indications that a new installation may be necessary. Such sagging can occur due to structural issues below the shingles – such as extensive water damage or fractured rafters – necessitating the removal of both the shingle and underlying plywood sheets by an experienced contractor to reach and fix these root causes.
If your roof is developing any of the signs above, call a professional roofing company to have your roof inspected as soon as possible, since maybe repairs will no longer be enough.
Paragon Roofing is the area’s premier roof replacement company! Our team of knowledgeable and experienced roofers is expert in their field, with years of expertise to back them up. We specialize in providing quality workmanship that will stand the test of time, all while keeping customer satisfaction our top priority. Contact us today to begin your journey towards a brand-new roof for your home – one that you can depend on for years to come!
Benefits of Getting Your Roof Replaced
Roof Replacement? Here Are Some Things You Should Consider First